APPLY NOW >>
The recent elections and new healthcare law will have a sweeping impact on healthcare
delivery systems across the United States. For healthcare leaders,
effectively navigating these changes requires an in-depth understanding
of how legislative policies will affect the way healthcare is delivered,
reimbursed, and managed.
Rigorous and evidence-based, this new Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education program
explores current challenges and opportunities, and provides insights
into the trends that are shaping the future of healthcare policy and
delivery. Led by an unprecedented group of healthcare experts and
practitioners, this innovative program will provide you with a roadmap
for delivering better healthcare amidst today’s dynamic healthcare
Click here to view the week-long schedule. The interactive sessions will consist of lectures, case studies, panels, and classroom conversations.
Director of Health Policy Research at Harvard Kennedy School, and Sheila Burke, Adjunct Lecturer in Public Policy at Harvard Kennedy School and former member of MedPAC, bring years of experience and a unique perspective to
the conversation on healthcare. They have assembled an impressive group of leading practitioners and academic scholars to lead instruction.
- Don Berwick, MD, MPP: former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and former President & CEO of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- David Blumenthal, MD, MPP: former National Coordinator for Health Information Technology under President Barack Obama and recently named President of the Commonwealth Fund
- Katherine Baicker, PhD: Professor of Health Economics at the HarvardSchool of Public Health; served as Member of the President Bush’s Council of Economic Advisers, and currently serves on the Congressional Budget Office’s Panel of Health Advisers and as Commissioner of MedPAC (Medicare Payment Advisory Commission)
- David Cutler, PhD: Senior Adviser to President Obama’s re-election campaign and recently named one of the 30 people who could have
a powerful impact on healthcare by Modern Healthcare
- Tim Murphy, MPP: former Massachusetts Secretary of Health and Human Services under Governor Mitt Romney
- Ashish Jha, MD, MPH: Associate Professor of Health Policy at the Harvard School of Public Health; serves as a Senior Advisor to the Under Secretary for Health of the Veterans Health Administration, focusing on clinical quality and patient safety
- Meredith Rosenthal, PhD: Professor of Health Economics and Policy in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Herman "Dutch" Leonard, PhD: George F. Baker, Jr. Professor of Public Management at Harvard Kennedy School and a former member of the board of directors of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, a 1-million-member Massachusetts HMO
- Ellen Zane: former President & Chief Executive Officer of Tufts Medical Center and the Floating Hospital for Children
American healthcare is changing.Understanding, managing, and leveraging change in the healthcare sector is at the core of the curriculum.
- Review new revenue dynamics including innovative payment models and the latest challenges and opportunities in Medicaid and Medicare.
- Examine the latest developments in healthcare, including new healthcare delivery and operational systems, recent policy and regulation changes, and how the upcoming election is expected to transform health policy.
- Delve into real-world case studies that highlight effective approaches to change and performance management in healthcare settings.
- Explore new approaches to leadership and emerge with a roadmap for managing high-cost cases, aligning incentives, and delivering innovative care.
Who should apply?
This intensive program is designed for
healthcare leaders in public, private, and non-profit sectors, including
government officials, as well as executives in hospitals, community
health centers, pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers,
and payor organizations.
Faculty and course schedule are subject to change.